October 15: "Women’s movement in Armenia"Speaker: Anahit Harutyunyan, PhD in linguistics
Women in Armenia: Searching for the Lost “Queens”
“Women’s Resource Center” NGO together with the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung South Caucasus (Tbilisi) organizes the series of public lectures named "Women in Armenia: Searching for the Lost “Queens”" dedicated to analysis and discussion of the women’s issues in Armenia during the history and nowadays.
This public event includes 6 lectures that aim to present women’s problems in Armenia in different spheres of life: art, politics, mass media, economic relations, etc. During the lectures the misleading perceptions of the feminism and gender-related issues in Armenian society will be discussed as well.
October 15: "Women’s movement in Armenia"
Speaker: Anahit Harutyunyan, PhD in linguistics, author of the book “The Century of Distinguished Women”
Venue: Akanat Gallery Cafe, 28 Koghbatsi street.
Time: 18:30 - 20:30
Saturday is Volunteers’ Day in the WRCA.
Starting from October, Women’s Resource Center will be open on Saturdays, but only for volunteers. Saturday is declared volunteers’ day in the WRCA.
Volunteers can visit WRCA every Saturday from 13:00-20:00. During this time volunteers will have an opportunity to carry out both group and individual work, spend good time, to initiate and participate in various debates, movie screenings, reading evenings, meet other volunteers, to learn about the work of the Women's Resource Center etc.
''I believe in dreams" European Weightlifting Champion in 2015, four-time Armenian weightlifting champion, Arpine Dalalyan.
Recently we have had the honor to speak a sixteen years old European Weightlifting Champion in 2015, four-time Armenian weightlifting champion, Arpine Dalalyan.
- Welcome Arpine! I would like to congratulate you on behalf of our team on your brilliant victory. Could you tell us how long have you been weightlifting?
- Hello, thank you. I have been training with weightlifting for 5 years already.
- And what achievements have you had during all of these years?
- I’m a four-time Armenian champion, but the biggest success I have had was winning the title of European Weightlifting Champion in 2015.
- Can you tell us why you chose weightlifting?
- It was my grandfather who introduced me to weightlifting.
- Did your grandfather practice weightlifting?
- No, he just loved sports and encouraged me to go to weightlifting.
- Have you ever thought about quitting weightlifting?
- No, I love weightlifting more day by day.
- Have you ever met any obstacles during these years?
- Yes, a lot!
- “Follow your heart” – the 17-year-old European weightlifting vice champion said to her peers.
- «Ձեր դասընթացների շնորհիվ ես կարողանում եմ նորից ասել, որ ես հպարտ եմ, որ կին եմ» ՝ ամփոփելով Կանանց իրավունքներին նվիրված դասընթացների շարքը:
- “The Iron Lady” movie screening at WRCA FilmClub
- Women in Armenia: in the Search of the Lost “Queens”: public lectures